Sunday, April 5, 2009

Redneck Fun!!!

Dale's favorite truck of the night
This Saturday, Dale and I went to watch his niece, Kerrigan, play in a softball tournament. Wow! I was so impressed at how well all of those girls played, especially Kerrigan. They played 4 games that day and it was exciting right down to the end. It was a most wonderful spring day! A nice break from all of the rain we've had lately. I can't remember a nicer day - sunny, cool, breezy - a perfect SPRING DAY!!!
Sweet Kerrigan
And as if we didn't have enough fun hanging out with family and watching softball all day (11am-7 pm).... we were on the way home and what did we pass, but a good ole' redneck Drag Race!!! YEE-HAW!!! We drove by and said "Sure, let's go watch some racin'!" I must say it was my first drag race and it was so much fun! We can't wait to take the kids back one weekend so they can see it! The boys, I know, would absolutely love it! Dale and I had a wonderful time, and even ran into a few folks we knew. What an absolutely great end to a fun day? And to top it all off - D and I went mud boggin' today - and got stuck! haha! I'd have some pictures but I was to busy helping him push, drive and get us out of the mud... needless to say - we had to do some washing of the old boots when we were done... lol! I just love being in the country!


2 comments:

Jamie Allen said...

Hey, was the racing at Screven? If so, you were about 5 miles from my house. We live in Newington. Next time you go, let me know.
Jamie

darlin said...

I love the truck! Sounds like you had an awesome, wonderful, fun filled day!